Find out if you’re a Perfectionist?
Am I a perfectionist?
“Please take the time to read this article and allow your self to digest the information, then, if you wish let me know what your thoughts are by submitting a comment in the box below or if you prefer simply click on the facebook share button at the top of the page and help spread the word…Thank you.”
Ask your self these questions and see if you find them familiar.
1. A perfectionist is highly conscious and hyper-critical of any signs of mistakes. He/she has an extremely sharp eye towards details
2. A perfectionist aims to be the best in everything he or she does, even if it is something that he or she is not interested in
3. A perfectionist often spends copious amount of time, right down to the last moment, to perfect something. He or she would rather sacrifice on a personal level (such as sleep, eating time, etc) than let something be less than it can be
4. A perfectionist sets absolute ideals on things in life. There is only black and white, no grey.
5. A perfectionist is the harshest critic of himself/herself. He/she would beat themselves up over the smallest thing that went wrong, to the extent of being neurotic
6. A perfectionist mulls over outcomes if they did not turn out as envisioned
7. A perfectionist is defensive towards criticism and has a fear of failure because it suggests something he/she did was not perfect
8. A perfectionist only has the end goal in mind. If he/she does not achieve the goal, it really does not matter what happens in the process
9. A perfectionist has an all-or-nothing approach. If the situation does not allow him/her to achieve the standard he/she laid out, he/she will abandon the task because it does not make sense to spend time on something that he/she is not going to conquer
10. A perfectionist is very self-conscious about any situation which might give others the perception he/she is not perfect.
Dawn Pugh expert therapist
- Quiz: Are You a Perfectionist? (tjantunen.com)
- What is Perfection Trap- Its Causes, Symptoms, Effects and How to Cope with It (socyberty.com)
- Own Your Beauty: 12 Tips on Letting Go of Perfectionism From Brene Brown (blogher.com)